Paris writing workshop students debut new works in print and onstage
Here is a rundown of recent publications by past Paris writing workshop participants:
- "Hustling Nakamura-san," a Japan-based tale developed in the nonfiction workshop by Andrea Ronkowski (PAA '07), appeared in The Smart Set last October.
- "Something Special in the Air," a memoir by Cass McGovern (PAA '07 and '08) appears in the Spring 2008 issue of the Massachusetts Review. The story details her experience of flunking out of the American Airlines stewardess school.
- Dulci Pitagora (PAA '07) performed a nonfiction monologue at Stage Left Studio in New York last fall, and was recently named managing editor at GO Magazine.
- Subzero, a travel documentary about Arctic Finland by Razvan Marc (PAA '07), debuted on Romanian television last fall. A trailer for the DVD version of his show is online here.
- Alexis Apfelbaum has a story appearing in "It's All Relative," an upcoming issue of the Global City Review.
- Perth-based Carmen Jenner (PAA '06) has published a number of travel stories in The Australian, including an article about traveling with children in Paris.
- Marlene Nichols (PAA '06) will be performing her new solo show "Seeing Voices" at New York’s Stage Left Studio later this month. Performance dates are Thursday-Friday, May 29th & 30th; then Friday-Saturday June 6th and 7th, at 8pm each night.